Good, good morning,
Today is the last day of March which means my month long daily challenges are just about over.
The last challenge I put forward to you is about reflection. Today I challenge you to think back over the month of March (or 2017 thus far) and pick the following:
- 3 things you are grateful for
- 3 times you’ve been proud of yourself
- 3 times you challenged yourself this month
3 things I am grateful for this month:
- My best friend married her awesome partner. I’m proud and happy to know they are safe and their little family is flourishing.
- I started a new job (thank gosh because well being made redundant sucks)
- I had a two day trip to Adelaide (I haven’t been to Adelaide since I was 11 so that was cool, I need to go back when the weather is better however)
3 times I’ve been proud of myself this month:
- When I built my new computer desk from scratch (I learnt what a cam and a cambolt is and how they work)
- When I cleaned my wardrobe and filled two bags to go to Vinnies (I hold on to things for far too long, especially clothes)
- Only last year I started flossing, it was my goal to floss once a week but from the beginning of march I have smashed that and I now floss twice a week (sounds boring as all hell right but I’m proud and my dentist would be proud)
3 times I challenged myself this month:
- I have been working on running because well I’m not a good distance runner, I frankly hate it but by challenging myself I beat my 2km run time. I was super happy with myself. I won’t share my time because I’m not a runner but at least I try.
- I challenged myself to do this march Challenge on my blog. I dedicated time to posting each day which I was not used to but I gave it a shot.
- I challenged myself to start stretching each day, even on the days where I don’t workout and I achieved that this month.
Just from listing nine small things that happened for me throughout the month of March i feel happy and positive about the year ahead to come. So have a good think about your nine things for March and start listing! Reflecting on personal achievements is motivating (no matter how big or small they may seem) i might just challenge myself to do this at the end of each month.
Peace and I hope you found some of my March Challenges worthwhile ✌🏾
Good morning friends,
Today’s challenge is a workout challenge again.
This is inspired by the little workout I did last night after dinner and in my hotel room. Being interstate can be annoying because not all hotels have a gym and mine didn’t so I had to improvise.
This was my quick workout last night I challenge you to do it today.
- 30 minute quick walk (I took a trip around the streets of Adelaide last night whilst the rain mostly held off)
- 60 squats (in increments of 20)
- 40 soccer run (my room was a decent size)
- 100 sit-ups (no weight because I didn’t have any)
- 20 lunges (only 20 because lets face it I was exhausted yesterday)
So above it my challenge to you.
Happy Thursday- make it magical.
Today I challenge you to start reading a book.
Old school I know, ha. But there is something about reading an actual book, holding it in your hands and turning the pages.
I used to love reading when I was younger but I just stopped as I got a bit older, now I’m back on the bandwagon reading at least a chapter or two a day. If it’s interesting I can sit there for hours.
I’m currently reading what appears to be a bikie romance story and I’m hooked.
So find something you are interested in and start reading.
Good morning everyone,
Today is another exercise challenge for you.
I’m going to add this in after my morning workout. If you decide to do this at home I’ve listed an alternative just in case you don’t have the tools at home to use.
- 1 minute Jump rope x 3 (if you don’t have a rope handy I suggest doing star jumps instead)
- 15 Weighted lunges 4-7kg weights in each hand x 3 (if you don’t have weights grab a litre water bottle in each hand or a book in each hand)
- 15 squats x 3
Complete this 2 times.
Good luck and enjoy!
Happy Monday everyone.
Today I challenge you to think of a time when you may have hurt or upset someone by something you said or did and I want you to go apologise to the person.
Often in the heat of a moment we can say or do something without as much grace as we would usually have. We may not mean to offend another but we tried to get something out at the wrong time or in the wrong way and it van cause pain.
So think back over the last year or two and reach out to someone about a moment or situation and apologise, clarify with dignity and move on.
Sounds easier said then done so have a think and give it a go.
Happy Saturday everyone.
Today my challenge is simple; Spend time with your family.
I spent last night with my niece and it was lovely. We cooked dinner together (tacos, it’s always tacos when she comes around) , we washed and wiped up, we did some homework, we read s book, she tried to show me what minecraft is and we watched a movie. It was lovely. Exactly what I needed and she had a ball too.
Nothing like time with your family to ground you and make you happy. Some of the most boring of tasks are made much more enjoyable just by having your family by your side.
So go see some of your family, go out to lunch or call in for a coffee every second you get together should be cherished.
Have a lovely Saturday friends.
Today I challenge you to start thinking about/planning your meal prep for next week.
It’s Friday most people don’t bother thinking about their meal prep until Sunday if they even think about it at all. I suggest you start drafting your meal plan on a Friday so you have a fair idea of what healthy foods you are going to cook and what items you may need to buy on the weekend so you can be organised for the week to come.
I have mentioned before how my meals are throughout the day:
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- Dessert (sometimes)
So have a google, find some recipes you might like to whip up. Choose your daily snacks and start prepping now, you’ll thank me next week when your food is perfect.
Don’t forget to carry out your plan on Sunday!
If you want some meal prep ideas feel free to email me email@example.com